Changing the Name of a Corporation


Corporations that wish to change their name will need to file Articles of Amendment.


The cost to file is US$ 150.


Proposed new Names can be sent to our regional offices. We will check the availability of the name and reserve it for your use.


An amendment to the Articles of Incorporation takes effect only when the Articles of Amendment have been publicly filed. The Articles of Amendment are held in the public Registry together with the original Articles of Incorporation.


After filing of the Articles of Amendment, the Corporation may file Restated Articles of Incorporation which take into account all changes made to the original Articles of Incorporation. Alternatively, Restated Articles of Incorporation can be filed with the Amendment. Restated Articles can be filed at any time.


Please contact with any questions that you may have. We have instructions and model forms available on our website here. (Link)