Liberian corporate law is generally modeled on U.S. corporate law. Liberian legal entities are governed by the Liberian Associations Law (1977, as amended through 2018), which contains the Business Corporations Law, the Limited Liability Company Law and the Private Foundation Law. Simultaneously, an Austrian-style Private Foundation law was also introduced and a UK-style Registered Business Company law and Registered Trust law were adopted. In 2002, a new Electronic Transaction law and Anti-Money Laundering law was also adopted.
Liberian Corporate Law
- Regulation to further amend the Associations Law of Liberia *** NEW ***
- Title 5 – Associations Law as amended April 23, 2018 (Corporations, LLCs, Not-for-profit corporations, Partnerships, Limited Partnerships) *** NEW ***
- Title 5 – Associations Law Amendment from 2018
- Title 5 – Associations Law Amendment from 2016
- Title 5 – Chapter 60 – Associations Law Private Foundations
- Title 5 – An act to amend certain sections of the Associations Law, effective 2002
- Electronic Transactions Law
- Prevention of Money Laundering
- Revenue Code of Liberia with 2011 Amendments
- Liberian Commercial Code
Please check back for all recent updates to Liberian Corporate Law.