Liberian corporate law is generally modeled on U.S. corporate law. Liberian legal entities are governed by the Liberian Associations Law (1977, as amended through 2002), which contains the Business Corporations Law, the Limited Liability Company Law and the Private Foundation Law. Simultaneously, an Austrian-style Private Foundation law was also introduced and a UK-style Registered Business Company law and Registered Trust law were adopted. In 2002, a new Electronic Transaction law and Anti-Money Laundering law was also adopted.
Liberian Corporate Law
• Title 5 – Chapter 50 – Associations Law Registered Trust
• Title 5 – Chapter 60 – Associations Law Private Foundations
• Title 5 – Chapter 70 – Associations Law Registered Business Company
• Electronic Transactions Law
• Prevention of Money Laundering
• Revenue Code of Liberia with 2011 Amendments
• Liberian Commercial Code
Liberian Corporate Law Updates
Please check back for all recent updates to Liberian Corporate Law.